The 5 points to create a strategy
The goal is to find a strategy that aligns the 5 points.
What is your winning aspiration?
- Decide the purpose of the enterprise; Guiding aspirations.
- Start with the consumer and not with the product.
- Need to be inspiring for customers and employees.
Where will you play?
- Find the right playing field.
- Where to compete? Define Geographic, product range, consumer segment, channels
- There is no point in trying to catch all segments.
- Find a segment that is aligned with company's strength
How will you win?
Unique value proposition
What capabilities must be in place to win?
- Is the set of capabilities that must be in place to win realistic?
- What is needed to reach the capabilities level required.
- Do play your strength.
- Are capabilities unique? Défendable in the face of competition?
What management systems are required?
- Clarity and simplicity in communications
- Measure how the strategy performs.
Place the consumer in the center. It is the most important thing.
Communication: Simplicity and clarity